Teacher: Mi Elfverson, Founder of The Vlog Academy
Location: Platf9rm, Hove Town Hall
TUESDAY 25TH FEBRUARY 10-1PM
At Platf9rm, Hove Town Hall
In this in-person workshop, I will teach you the principals of creating smartphone videos for your social media pages and campaigns.
This course is similar to the regular Crash Course in videoblogging, but focusses on how you, as a charity, can communicate in a very affordable way to spread your message, create campaigns and reach a larger audience.
✯ UNDERSTANDING THE POWER OF VIDEO
✯ THE SCIENCE BEHIND STORYTELLING
✯ CREATING THE HUMAN CONNECTION
✯ BASIC EQUIPMENT AND HOW TO USE IT
✯ CAMERA CONFIDENCE
✯ STRUCTURE AND PLANNING YOUR VIDEOS
✯ BUILDING YOUR CAMPAIGN
✯ REACHING A LARGER AUDIENCE
TUTOR: MI ELFVERSON, Founder of the Vlog Academy
I have 25 years of experience from high-end film and TV production, from Volvo commercials to Hollywood blockbusters and I am now using my extensive experience to help business owners creating their own smartphone videos for marketing and social media.
I always work with a dedicated charity to support with video footage, editing and photography and I have promised several charities in Brighton to put together this special workshop just for them. Here it is now!
- I’m currently part of Mama Mzungu’s UK team, a charity for women and children with Albinism in Uganda
- I’m working with RubyMoon from Gym to Swim – a not-for-profit company with sustainable swimwear
- I support The Hunger Project UK and have visited their epicentres in Uganda
- I have worked with Samara’s Aid Appeal for Syria and the Middle East
- I have worked with several other charities, such as the Teenage Cancer Trust, MacMillan and Same Sky
General course content:
I take you through all the steps of video production, from camera equipment to optimising your videos online to generate the best return for your business.
Part 1) The Power of Video
- The power of video
- What your videos will do for your charity if you get it right
- Camera Confidence
- Connecting on a deeper level with your audience
Part 2) The Process
- Video categories
- Where should you film and why
- Cameras, tripods, microphones
- Lights and Sound
Part 3) Upwards and Onwards
- Content management and campaigns
- What to analyse before, structure, content, branding and more
- Introduction to editing on your smartphone
- Social Media and video: Channels, tagging, keywords etc